Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm Back!

I had such a nice relaxing Labor Day weekend.  Corey and I went camping with him Mom and Step-Dad at Acadia National Park.

This was the first time that I've gone camping in a big camper instead of a tent or pop-up.  Basically, it was being in a hotel room ... in some trees ... near other hotel rooms.  I'm not 100% a fan of that type of "camping" but I do see the appeal if you are going to be spending a bunch of time at where-ever you are and don't want a hotel room.

Yea - A campfire!!!! But no s'mores :-(

We had a great time Saturday night.  We headed up towards the summit of Cadillac Mountain, but with all the traffic, we decided to hang out about 3/4 of the way to the top.  The sunset was AMAZING!!!!  The light hitting the surrounding mountain and ponds .... just wonderful.

We unfortunately had a bit of rainy weather on Sunday late morning/early afternoon.  That didn't stop us from taking a walk around the the park.  We ended up walking a long the Ocean Path and stopping by Thunder Hole.  We just missed the best time to be there to get the full effect (the tide coming in and hitting the holes in the rocks cause "thunder"), but we did get a little bit.

I have to say, Acadia is one of my favorite places in the world.  I just love the mix of the ocean, trees and mountains.  I just wish it wasn't so expensive to live there.  I would love to have a little bit of property out there.

And now ..... back to work and the real world

No comments:

Post a Comment