Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holidays Can Be Rough

Every year around this time, I get sad.  For me, this is one of the best and worst times of the year.  You see, Christmas was my mom's favorite holiday.  And she is no longer around to celebrate it with. 

To make matters worse, December 16th was her birthday.  The day we always got our Christmas tree.  Anytime I get and decorate a Christmas tree, I inevitably start thinking about how much I miss my mom and how I wish she could still be here with me. 

I'm actually fairly lucky.  Christmas is one of my favorite holidays too, so I don't become a complete Scrooge and "ba humbug" my way through the season.  Some people aren't so lucky.  For some, the pain is too much to overcome. 

I guess the point of this post is to remind everyone to be nice to the people who don't have the Christmas spirit.  They may be dealing with a loss that makes a family holiday especially difficult.  They may have no one to share the season with.  They may just be lonely and afraid to reach out for someone to share the day with.


No comments:

Post a Comment