Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

Mothers Day is generally a tough day for me (and, I suspect, quite a few people).  See, ten years ago, my mother passed away from cancer.  Since then, every time Mothers Day comes around, I try to keep my day full of activities to distract myself from the fact that I don't get to celebrate anymore.  Occasionally, I have gone to my mom's grave to talk and bring flowers, but usually I live too far away to just make that a day trip.

This lovely lady is my mom - Carol Marie - and her 'nurse' Princess
 Lately, though, my boyfriend's mom has really started to fill that motherly void in my life.  She is concerned, trys to help out, and generally listens to whatever we are complaining about.  After dating a string of guys that don't get along with their mothers, it's nice to be with someone that loves and respects theirs.  The fact that they are close is a plus to me, although I've heard it's caused problems for him in the past.

She even bought me a ring, for Mothers Day, to honor my mom.  It was super sweet and completely unexpected.

Isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment