Wednesday, June 6, 2012

10 Year Reunion

So, my 10 year high school reunion is fast approaching.  I haven't gotten the official invite, but it's sometime in July.

I feel bad saying this, but there are really only three or so people I would want to see.  And I don't think they would be a the reunion.  So there really isn't a point in going.  I'll probably shoot off an email to these people and see if they want to meet up.

Let's face it - it won't be like this
 I see quite a few of my old classmates at my job.  I talk to them and catch up when I see them, so it's not like I am going to be seeing a lot of long lost friends.  Maybe it's the invention of sites like Facebook that has something to do with this.  I mean, a reunion is all about seeing and catching up with people that you have no idea what's going on in their lives.  With Facebook, a lot of these people pop up on my screen on a near daily basis.  I already know (for the most part) who's engaged, married, with kids, living a wild single life, having adventures, etc.

I guess part of it is that I am also feeling a little down on myself about where my life is at the moment.  I had (have) so much more potential and could be doing something more.  Something better.  I'm embarrassed about where I ended up.  I know that my life is turning around.  That I've got big, cool things on the horizon.  But at the moment, not so much.

How does everyone feel about 10 year reunions?  Should I just suck it up and go?

No comments:

Post a Comment