Saturday, August 25, 2012

Right Now

Right now, as you read this, I am probably at the American Folk Festival with my wonderful man and his beautiful daughter.  

I say probably because right now, as I write this, I am in bed .... stressing about money.  A constant theme in my life it seems.  Now, I try not to write too many negative posts.  I know that putting too much negativity out into the world is not a good thing.  Negativity breeds negativity you know.  But I also know that sometimes you just need to get it out of your system to purge your soul.

I took my car to get inspected a few days ago and it didn't pass.  I need new front struts .... to the tune of about $550 for parts and labor.  Plus, my parking brake is bad, but they can't give me an estimate on that until they get in there and see what's wrong.  

Now normally, this would be annoying and upsetting.  I don't have that kind of money lying around.  In this instance though, it's devastating.  Corey and I are trying to save for an apartment of our own.  We are currently staying in my aunt's guest room and we can only stay for so long before wearing out our welcome.  

We are bad enough at saving money to begin with, but to have to shell out our entire savings on car repairs?  It makes me want to sit down and cry.  We moved down to Bangor to start anew.  To get on our feet.  To finally start getting our shit together.  Only life won't allow that to happen.  Every time I start to get ahead, the bottom gets taken out from under me..... again and again and again.

I guess what I'm looking for is .... not sympathy, but tips, tricks, any information you can share about saving money, share if you struggled through something like this, just anything to make it feel like I'm not alone and just a loser in life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz! I'm sorry I'm just getting around to commenting on this post.

    This blog post has some awesome ideas:
    http://www.themollybuckley.com/2012/09/13/mollys-money-ways-cut-spending/

    I can't say that I have a ton of suggestions for you... I just overdrew my bank account this week (whoops!) so I'm so not the poster child for amazing money saving tips.

    Do you have any friends and family that do any work on cars? Someone who could buy parts and give you a discount on the labor cost? That might help bring the cost of the car repairs down a little bit!

    ReplyDelete