Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What a Start to the Year

Two weeks into the new year and it is shaping up to be just as crazy as 2012.

Corey's father was flown down from a hospital in northern Maine to the one here in Portland at the beginning of the week because they found a brain tumor.  A rather large tumor.  He had his surgery Friday and seems to be doing really well.  We are hoping that he will be able to "go home" in the next day or two, although he won't be going to his home since he lives alone.  For the first month or so, he will need 24 hour care.  I wish there was more that Corey and I could do.

I have to say, spending a lot of time in the hospital and waiting around for news has brought back a lot of feelings and what not from when my mom was sick.  The feelings of uselessness, boredom, guilt..... just a complex mixture that really sucks to have to relive.  I could almost feel myself putting up a wall against the information being given and the feelings it brought.  I had to work really hard not to shut myself off and to really be there for Corey and his family.

I also caught whatever death cold that has been going around the house and work.  I was knocked flat for about four days.  I still have a nasty cough, but other than that I am feeling quite a bit better.  The warm weather here on the coast has been helping.  I have a coughing fit every time I go from the super cold outdoors to the warm indoors. 

Obviously, because of the cold and the hospital visits, I haven't had time a lot of time to spend on hobbies, this blog - heck, I have way too much laundry to do tonight.  I'm hoping to get everything back on track to make 2013 a good (and non-stressful) year.

No comments:

Post a Comment