Friday, July 27, 2012

From Last Weekend

We ended up having to give Stormy back to my ex on Saturday morning.  We share puppy-custody of him but since I've had him for 9 of the past 13 months, I was kinda hoping that we'd be able to keep him for good.  My ex finally got his act together to come up and get him though - he was only talking about it for four months.

Needless to say, it's a little strange around here without him.  A little quiet and not as homey feeling.  Since I was so down Saturday afternoon, Corey took me to Acadia National Park to do a little hiking.  It was actually a beautiful day for it.


We hiked up a relatively small mountain, Gorham Mountain.  The trail was around a mile with an elevation gain of about 525 feet.  Since I haven't seriously hiked in a few years, I figured something easy-ish was a great way to start.  It felt so good to get out hiking again.  I can't believe that I went to long without getting out there.



It was just windy enough that there weren't any bugs.  There were quite a few people on the summit, but we didn't run across too many while hiking.  That's the way I like my hikes - people free.  I like to feel like I'm the only person in the area.  It helps me to enjoy nature a little bit more.  All in all, it was a really great hike.  I can't wait to get back out to the park and check out some other trails.

This weekend also marked my return to non-knee length shorts.  It's been .... maybe 6 years or so since I've worn non-Bermuda length shorts.  I haven't been comfortable with the condition of my legs in awhile, but I've lost some weight and toned them up a bit so I figured I'd give them a whirl.  I don't think they looked too horribly bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment