Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Trip of a Lifetime

Source
I have a serious case of wanderlust at the moment.  I'm antsy and distracted.  I spend way too much time looking at maps and planning out trips.  Right now, I am planning "Liz's Ultimate A+ Awesomeness Road Trip."  Basically, this is my dream US road trip.  I estimate that maybe, in a year or two, I could take two or three months off from work and actually make it a reality.


Here are some of the places I've got so far on the list:

Niagara Falls
The Badlands
New Orleans
Carlsbad Caverns
Visit family in Missouri
See Giant Redwood Trees

An important part of this trip is that I'm going to try and avoid major roads as much as I can.  The only state I know I wanna speed through?  Kansas!  I hated driving through Kansas.  I'm sure there are some very nice places ..... but I didn't see them.
Source
My dream would be to have a camper van (preferably a VW one) by then, but if not, I'm going to build something in the back of the Subaru to make into a camper.  I already have some good ideas for that..... And to be honest, it may happen anyway.

Where would you go on your ultimate US road trip?  What are some can't miss destinations?

No comments:

Post a Comment